About Desjardins Wealth Management Securities
Desjardins Wealth Management Securities is one of twenty Desjardins Group subsidiaries offering products and services related to insurance. Desjardins Group is a Canadian financial services brokerage firm and is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada. Desjardins consists of 293 local credit unions operating 1,032 points of service and serving more than seven million members and clients, mostly in the provinces of Quebec and Ontario. Its legal headquarter is based in Montreal, on 1170 Rue Peel, Quebec H3B 0A9.
The Company offers many types of accounts that will help you achieve your financial objectives:
- Cash Account
This brokerage account, in which you must have or deposit a certain amount of money to cover the cost of your purchases, enables you to buy or sell securities;
- Margin Account
With this type of account, you can buy or sell securities on credit. You pay only the difference between the market value of the security and the amount left to you by Desjardins Securities, which will then charge you interest on the loan;
- Short Margin Account
This margin account enables you to sell short, in other words, to sell securities that you do not own. In such case, Desjardins Securities will borrow the securities;
- Options Margin Account
This margin account allows you to buy or sell options. An option is a contract that gives you the right or the obligation to buy or sell a given quantity of an underlying asset at a specific price on or before a certain date.
Desjardins Tools and Resources
Desjardins offers two essential tools: online services, which will enable you to monitor the markets, and numerous information vehicles, which will give you access to in-depth analyses or sound advice. Besides, the firm offers you useful resources to manage your investments and finances:
- Daily Pulse — A daily overview of domestic and international developments in the world of finance;
- Quotes and Market Data — The everyday score of latest quotes and information;
- Focus Newsletter — A Newsletter full of practic advice on various financial and tax matters that can impact your financial prosperity;
- Finance Matters — Designed to help you better understand the world of the stock market;
- Research Department — Desjardins advisors will offer vast information to guide you in making intelligent financial choices and to help grow the value of your assets;
- Online Services — You will be provided with all the virtual tools you need to monitor stock market trends, maximize your investments, and easily access your statements or your transaction confirmations;
- Useful Links — You may find useful links for obtaining information on stock exchanges, financial products and the market in general.
There are numerous advantages to dealing with Desjardins: access to the largest pool of recognized wealth management specialists; offering top-notch security; advisors’ recommendations based on reliable data and detailed analyses; offering many exclusive products and services that can simplify your life.
In addition, we can see that company is licensed. They have enough instruments for their trading activity. Moreover, we ask anyone that interacts with the company Desjardins to share information. Consequently, we think that this will improve the quality of services that can be used by other users. Thanks for reading Desjardins review.